Teriyaki Pasta Salad

Teriyaki Pasta Salad
Cook:
1 lb. bowtie pasta
according to directions.  Drain and rinse with cold water until cooled.
Add:
Misc. Vegetables, chopped, {1-2 cups total}- according to taste.
{Broccoli, Carrot, Red, Orange, or Green Pepper, Tomatoes}

Make Dressing:
Dressing:
1 cup oil ( I used canola, wondering if olive oil or coconut oil  would taste mild enough for this)
2/3 cup white wine vinegar (didn't have any, used rice vinegar-was great!)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2/3 cup Soy Vay Teriyaki  sauce (or any brand-I recommend Soy Vay b/c there is no HFCS in it)
5 Tbs sugar (I used rapadura -pure cane sugar)



Put all dressing ingredients in a jar,  and shake.  {or put in a bowl and whisk)
Pour dressing* over noodles & toss.  Refrigerate until cool.
*I only used 1/2 the dressing, and saved the rest for lettuce salad

********
Italian Pasta Salad
I make another version of the above recipe, but with an Italian twist.  It is one of my favorites, I've been making it for years.
The pasta and veggies are the same as above, (could add cucumber & cauliflower & peas) but the dressing is bottled Italian dressing + red wine vinegar, to taste. (about 1 cup of dressing to 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar, I usually just add the dressing and vinegar from the bottle, eyeball it and taste) I like to add shredded Parmesan cheese. (1/2 cup)



I will be making one of these 2 versions for our family 4th of July get together.  It is a perfect dish to make ahead because the flavors get better after they refrigerate for awhile.

0 comments:

Post a Comment